Friday, September 14, 2007

What a great birthday!

What a truely wonderful b-day I had yesterday!!! After having been woken up to breakfast in bed by Sean I got the kids dressed and we headed to Krispie Kreme. HOT & NOW!!!! This was the first time taking the kids and they LOVED watching the doughnuts go down the assembly line to be made. They watched forever! I got some really cute pics that I'll post later.

For dinner Sean surprised me and took me to my favorite restaurant (that is other than Olive Garden...holds special meaning since we got engaged there). MELTING POT! Wes and Suzanne joined us and we dined in style! Thank you so much Sean for the awesome dinner....and for Wes and Suzanne for joining us. The waiter was funny, when we said that we love coming here he asked why we don't come more. Sean replied, "Because we have to go on a lay away program to raise enough money to eat here." Soooo funny.

And as much as I thought turning 30 might be a drag, it has been one of the BEST birthdays. And it feels so great to be 30. Better than any other age! Wes put it best in his card to me. He said, "Now you aren't the oldest 29 year old....you're the youngest 30 year old!" Yes! And it feels great!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad you had a wonderful time!! :)

Wayne & I LOVE fondue! Our little place is Colorado Fondue on Red Bug/436. It's the BEST!

We should plan a double date to Colorado Fondue sometime!!!!

(PS ~ I agree, it's $$$, we only go to Colorado Fondue like once or twice a year, lol)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Sam took me to the Melting Pot (the one in Longwood) for my b-day too! We went on friday night (the 14th). Did Sean splurge for the balloons, card and chocolates? ;) Sam did for me, although he ate most of the chocolate, and we took the balloons home for the boys to play with, and they had them popped in about 30 seconds flat!

Sorry I could not make it to your surprise party, as that was the night my parents were taking me out for my b-day. Sean did invite me (I was so happy he remembered me!), and I was so bummed i could not come. I am sooooo glad you had such a great time!