Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Children are a blessing from the Lord

Today I realized that I am truly loving this young stage with Asher. With Boston and Dallas the first 4 months were more difficult because they had acid reflux and would cry so much and I had to be on such a strict diet. This time around Asher is so happy all the time. He takes great naps and sleeps 13 hours a night. What a dream! I could just eat him up he's just so darn cute. I love to kiss on those lovable checks and squeeze those squishy thighs. And his smile will melt your heart. He just looks at you in the most adoring way it makes you so glad to be a mommy. I could just brag on him forever....he's the most beautiful baby (just like his big brothers were.) I love his laugh too, it's so infectious.

Today was a little more difficult with the older boys. I haven't been as consistent with discipline lately because they have been so great. So mommy had let a few things slide, gave a little too many warnings: result....disobedient boys. So I'm cracking down again and the fruits of this are already apparent. After being completely frustrated this evening the turning point came when Boston said he wanted to sing a song to me. This is the song he sang to me. I do remember it from when I was a child but I did not teach it to him, nor have I ever heard him sing it before. God was defiantly trying to send me a message. And he usually does use Boston to get that message to me....on many occasions He's done this.

The Lord is good to me
and so I thank the Lord
for giving me the things I need
the sun and rain and the apple seed
The Lord is good to me
Hallelujah Amen

Amen is for sure. As hard as raising toddlers is, it sure is a blessing.

Today we pretended we were riding a train. The boys had tickets and I was the conductor with my puncher (their favorite part...much like the movie The Polar Express). We played on here for a long time. We had many destinations, including picking up all of Boston's classmates. Imagination makes for so much fun!

No comments: