Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Box is Not Just a Box

It's Saturday! Today we went shopping for a while, and mom went with us (she was ready to get out of the house after having been sick for days). I had to go pick up the double jogging stroller that had finally come in! Ya!!! Then we went to the Family Christian Bookstore, which was having a sale on their kids items. Then I looked for some clothes as a present from my mom for my upcoming big birthday. Oh yes....it's almost here....I won't be a 20 something anymore....I'M GETTING OLD! LOL Yes the big 3 - 0!! I'm actually really looking forward to turning 30. I just can't believe I'm 30. Feels like just yesterday when I was turning 21. Where has the time gone. My 20's have been really great and I'm especially looking forward to my 30s. So think of me on the 13th!



Anyhow....back to my day. When we got home we took the big stroller out of the box so I could put the wheels on and get a good look at it. I had bought the boys the movie "Air Bud" (they had gotten "Air Buddies" from Aunt Margie months ago and we have watched it a hundred times so I figured they would really enjoy watching the first one of the series). Since it was raining outside I turned on the movie, but to my surprise all they really wanted to do was play in the big box. They played in this thing for a least an hour, maybe 2. It was so much fun just sitting on the couch watching them play in it and make it into a lot of different things. How creative they can be. It's just like everyone always says....kids will enjoy the box more than they will the fancy toy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you think I feel, turning the big 3-5 tomorrow, and all. Actually, you will love your 30s. Mine have been awesome so far! Happy Birthday in 2 days, my fellow Virgo!