Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Education in Anatomy - The mind of a 4 year old boy

This morning I was nursing Asher and Boston had found a Cabbage Patch Kid (a little boy one that was my brother Wes' when he was young-we had borrowed it to take with us to The Florida Hospital's seminar for siblings.) So he told me that baby Asher was mine and that this was his baby. I asked him what his baby's name was and he told me "Jimney Cricket." As he's examining his baby he asks me, "Mommy, why do we have bottoms?" Of course my first response in my head was "for mommy's and daddy's to spank." But I quickly came up with another brilliant answer, "To sit on." Then he noticed that this little baby boy was missing a very important "part." Then came the question....."Why doesn't he have a 'pee pee.'" So many questions this morning. So I said that the person who made him must of just left it out. Then, as I'm feeding Asher, he says that his baby is hungry and then proceeds to "feed" his baby the same way mommy does. It took every bit of me to not do two things....burst out laughing....or quickly tell him to stop. I figured if I just ignored it and didn't make a big deal that was probably better. But I did tell him that only mommy's can feed babies like that. He just said, "Oh." He also copied me and burped the baby and talked to the baby. He told me his baby does all the same things that my baby can do.

After Boston was done playing with "his baby", Dallas came in and found him. He wanted to see if "his baby" has a belly button like his, and he was very excited to find one. Then he tried to give his baby a zerbert. After this he decided to rock his baby and sing him a lullaby. It was so cute. But the funniest part had to be that he got so upset that someone had colored on his baby! It was actually the Xievier Roberts signature every Cabbage Patch Doll has on their behind. It was so funny how he cared.

No comments: