Friday, October 12, 2007

Popcorn Pumpkins

Today was Boston's day to take snack. It's a really big day on the days he gets to take snack. He loves it so much because he gets to pass out the snack to all his friends. So I thought we would do something fun for Halloween. So I got out the Taste of Homes cookbook and found a great recipe for Popcorn Balls that look like pumpkins. So Boston helped me make them and boy did he love it!
Boston Cooking
It only made 12 and we needed 11 to take to school so I made each of them a little one to eat right then.



Here's the recipe if you feel like making them yourself.

3 quarts popped popcorn
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 1/2 ounce) mini marshmallows
1 (3 ounce) orange flavor gelatin
12 green dots decorative candies
1-2 tablespoon marshmellow cream, as glue
black licorice strings

Place the popcorn in a very large bowl.
In microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until melted; stir in the orange gelatin powder until dissolved.
Pour mixture over popcorn and toss well to coat.
I spray my hands with Pam or you can lightly coat your hands with butter to prevent sticking. Quickly shape popcorn mixture in twelve 3 inch balls or pumpkin shapes. Place on a piece of wax paper.
For stems insert the green dots candy (I couldn't find them so I used black twizzler bites) using some of the marshmallow cream (I used the icing) as adhesive or glue LOL.
Use the black licorice for eyes, nose etc. (I used green icing)
***Be Creative with other candies to decorate your pumpkins with***.

No comments: