Saturday, October 13, 2007

Night of a thousand wet beds

Oh what a night. It all started at 3am being awoken by Boston with, "I wet my bed again." 4th time this week. It took mommy forever to let him go without any protection and just sleep in his underwear because honestly the thought of changing and cleaning sheets was not very appealing. But he went to underwear like a champ. We went 3 weeks with no accidents and then this week started. Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is to change sheets on the top bunk of a bunk bed? Climbing up and down, washing not only the sheets but the mattress pad and the comforter.

Well last night tops all nights. After i got Boston cleaned up and the sheets off the bed and him to sleep in our bed (since I wasn't going to climb up in the middle of the night and risk waking Dallas.) But, alas, Dallas woke up and make the trip to our bed where he found Boston in bed with us. "Mommy I want to sleep in your bed too like Boston." So I explained to him that there wasn't a lot of room in the bed, mommy would even sleep in his little twin bed with him. But no, he started crying very loudly. So in my attempt to not wake Asher I said okay. Yes, my best parenting skills go down the tubes at 3:30 in the morning....which was what time it was then. But as I tried to sleep inbetween the boys I realized this was never going to work. So I moved to the couch and tried to get some much needed rest. I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to move Dallas back. I tried again, but I found that he had wet MY bed. So I moved him back to his bed, crying and all....and I went BACK to the couch since I didn't want to wake Sean and Bostonto change the sheets on our bed. As I get all settled on the couch and almost asleep, Asher wakes up. "You have to be kidding me," I said. And guess what...HE had wet his bed. So I changed him, the bed and fed him in my attempt to get him back to sleep so I could get some sleep. And finally at 4:30am, I got to go back to sleep. Only to be awoken by my two early birds 2 hours later at 6:30am.

The life of a mom, the sacrifice of a good nights sleep, and the power of a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast! Oh how I love my kids!!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh girl! I can SO relate... but w/ only 2 kids. lol!

I hope you're able to catch back up on your sleep!!!!

PS ~ the link for your pictures wouldnt work for me. I was dying to see your cookbook!!