Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lisa Welchel


Tuesday night I got the chance to see Lisa Whelchel speak at our church. She wrote one of my VERY FAVORITE books, "Taking care of the ME in Mommy." She also happens to be the former actress that played Blair on the Facts of Life tv show....one of my favorite as a kid. I can't say enough awesome things about her. I owned 3 books before I went and bought my 4th book by her, Dare to Discipline, which was what she was speaking on. She's funny, real and most of all a mom living and breathing out all the same things I'm going through. Her humor about it is just awesome. And her practical tips are to be cherished and used daily. I'll have to write more later about all the great tips she gave (when I actually have time to get out my notes and type them....humm....when will I have time for that LOL-but I promise to get to it at some point.) Anyhow...check her out...www.lisawhelchel.com The other book I really recommend is The ADVENTure of Christmas. Gives you a lot of great ideas to show you why "Jesus is the reason for the Season." I honestly have to say, I've seen a lot of speakers, and she is by far the best I've ever seen!

No comments: