Friday, July 1, 2011

Unique 4th of July shirts




We are having a family reunion this weekend for 4th of July and I decided to make all the kids matching, yet unique to them, shirts. I designed them on facebook and then printed them on Fabric Transfer paper. This was my first time doing this and it was very easy. An important note is to make sure you print your image "Mirror" so that when you iron it on the tee it's going in the right direction.




I was really happy with how they came out. I used a 4th of July free font online and colored the top blue and the bottom red. (Except as you can see on Kaitlyn's I was a little distracted by the running of 8 feet all around me and reversed the colors on hers....but it's still cute...hindsight I wish I had reversed all the girls...oh well.) I didn't want their names plastered all over the shirt but I still wanted them on there so I added it small in the letter on each shirt. I thought they came out super cute and can't wait to photograph them on the kids this weekend!




And as you can see I always had lots of help. It's no wonder I didn't have more mistakes than the one color reversal! And to a mom with only one kid I'm sure this picture looks mortifying with Sydney not only near the iron but unplugging it. I assure you I was very careful. And those of you reading this with multiple kids you understand that you have to do what you can when you can with all the little fingers helping you when they do!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi...how did you color the blue and red? such a cute idea!