Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Volunteering at Bostons school and college reunion on facebook

This morning I got to volunteer at Boston's school for an hour. It was really great. I loved getting to be hands on with the class and seeing exactly what they are doing and what books they are working in. Also to get to know some of the other kids he's always talking about was great. His friend Logan sits at his table and they really do enjoy each others company. Mrs Ramdehal said Boston's handwriting has improved tremendously. She was really great to get to talk to. I do feel her class was God's perfect match for Boston's kindergarten year.

For the last few days I've been reliving old college days. It all started on facebook when a friend of mine, Cindy, posted a photo of 4 of us from college getting together for dinner a few years ago. Another friend was jesting that she wasn't in the photo so I posted several old college photos with her in it and some others. This then started a rash of postings of pictures from several old college friends. We have been reliving old college days gone by, shows we did together, all the inside jokes, talking to friends we haven't gotten to in a long time and really just having a great time. College holds so many great memories for me, especially the theatre department. We lived, breathed, ate, studied, rehearsed, partied, and had so many great times together. It truly was a family away from home. I'm so glad I had this special group of people to share it with. And I even met Sean through the department. And I think that makes it even more fun. We know all the same people from college and can remember so many fun times together. Ah the good ole days!!

No comments: