Monday, October 27, 2008

Dallas' MRI

Today I took Dallas to get his MRI that Dr Kojic ordered. Honestly I really am just following through with her orders but I'm not expecting much out of it. And I've been so back and forth on it because he has to be put down under anesthesia so that makes me very nervous. But I dropped Boston off at school, then Asher off at my parents and then Dallas gave me a complete fit when I told him he had to go with me and couldn't stay at Nena's house. It was horrible. Kicking, screaming, hitting me, you would have thought he was like 2 years old throwing a tantrum...not almost 4. Anyhow...I finally got him in his seat, he calmed down, and then apologized to me. Ugh....emotional roller coaster for mommy because its like this all day long everyday with him.

So we get to the hospital and things went pretty smoothly. We went into our own pediatric waiting room with all kinds of things to play with and tv on Disney channel. He had a blast in this room. Then they came and took him away (after us waiting about 1 1/2 hours between two waiting rooms) I went with him and following him as he chatted it up with the anesthesiologist, happily walking down the hall. Then they sat him on a stretcher and put a mask on his face asking him to smell the bubble gum smell and then he freaked out trying to get it off, but about 10 seconds later he was out. That was the HARDEST thing to watch. Just horrible. Ugh. I walked out into the waiting room alone wondering if I had chosen to do the right thing.

I had to them head to another waiting room, grabbed some food, tried to keep my mind busy with other things and waited. The nurse came out to tell me he was awake, and VERY irritated with everyone and she would bring me back very shortly. It was only a few minutes later they were whisking me back and there he was, crying and upset. So I tried to calm him down, sign the paperwork and get out of there. He was more concerned with the bandages from the iv then anything.

They told me he would be more irritated than normal but that was an underestimate. We got home and watched a movie together and my mom offered to keep the other two for a little while, which really helped. Then after a few hours he was running around, smiling and happy. What a relief...and what a day! I cancelled the EEG we had scheduled for tomorrow because I didn't think he or I could handle that this soon!!

No comments: