Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics

Sean and I are so glued to the olympics and the boys are enjoying it to. We went over to my parents again today to swim and watch last night Olympics that we Tivoed on their tv. It's so fun to watch kids like Michael Phelps accomplish what they have worked for so long to achieve! I love all the stories. And the boys have enjoyed watching the best of the best swim the strokes they are learning. They are amazed at how fast they are. And then there's gymnastics. They watched the men compete for the first time today and they were facinated, even trying to do some of the moves themselves.
Later in the day I asked Boston which sport he would like to play. I named a long list of sports and he looked at me and smiled and said, "Mom I REALLY want to learn gymnastics!" So Sean and I checked the local gymnastics place and I'm going to call on Monday to see when he can start. I've always felt some kind of pull for the boys to do swimming and gymnastics, something I never would have thought I would before I had kids, my boys would be doing. I would have thought more along the lines of baseball, soccer or basketball. But it seems they are interested in swimming and gymnastics (and Boston is also showing interest in baseball.) So I would like them to try and all out to see which one they like the best. And as Sean and I have talked that we really don't want our family to be running around all over creation for sports all the time. So I think we will limit the boys to playing one sport at a time. Especially with 4 kids, we could be running around from dawn till dusk!

No comments: