Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh what a day!

Today I defiantly wished I was still at the beach. It all started when the boys locked the door to Asher's room (which is a keyed lock that I don't have the key for). I put Asher down for a nap and closed the door all the way (which I hardly ever do). Then I realized it was locked. Oh no! So quickly I got a credit card and tried to to unlock it but that didn't work. So then I called my brother who's only a few miles away. We couldn't get anything to work so he ended up cutting part of the door frame and finally getting in. He had only been away for 5 minutes thank goodness. Whew. Close call.

Then we went to Ikea to get Dillard a doggie bed. They boys went into the playground there for the first time. What a great thing, you drop them off, get a pager and have 1 hour. Sean met me and we had lunch and then I finished shopping and picked them up. We had a get time there.

Then right before Asher woke up from his second nap I took Dillard outside and then Dallas came running and crying outside with blood covering his face, hands and legs. Oh my!!! So in I run to wipe it off and see what happened. I soon learned that they were sword fighting with plastic sticks from their soccer goals and Dallas got hit and his upper lip with slit open. Since it was 4:45 I thought I better get over to the doctors to see if it needed stitches, it had swelled up so much! While in the car I called the doctors office and he had already left so they told me to ice it, see if it goes down and stops bleeding. So we did that and it did, so we avoided the stitches....at least this time!

So after a hot shower, I sat down to read the new book I'm reading, The Shack, and off to bed.

No comments: