Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More time at the beach

After Monday I decided we might have better luck outside of the house to first thing Tuesday morning we headed off to the beach again. Daddy couldn't come this time because of work. We stopped on our way to get some boogie boards, Boston picked a pirate one and Dallas picked a shark one. Then we had a full day of it. Boston tried boogie boarding with Grandma. The boys made lots of little friends out there and at the pool. They had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa too. The boys all crashed for bedtime and then Dale, Pat and I played Skippo, which I lost. Maybe one day I'll actually win that game.

Today we woke and got moving on the beach. Dallas actually went out farther than ever today and was really enjoying jumping the big waves. Asher loves chasing birds and kites and walks everywhere on the beach. They were so beat middle of the day we headed inside and went out for some ice cream. Yummy! After resting indoors for a little bit we headed back to the beach and pool one last time before heading home. At the pool, minutes before it was time to go, Boston dove in the shallow end. God had his hand on him because he just bruised the top of his head a little, oh my, how horrible that could have been. Lesson learned for sure!

Got everyone to bed, unpacked the car, took a shower and crawled my tired body into bed at 8:30 pm, very early for me, ready to read my book The Shack, which is amazing by the way! Boston came in minutes later wanting to keep me company in bed ( I told Sean he could go to the movies with my brother since I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed.) So Boston went to sleep with me while I had my nose in the book, so enthralled!

No comments: