Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boston's thoughts, time with Jess and the box

I was having Boston finish up his homework for school this morning and he was giving me a very hard time about it. He told me he couldn't do it because he needed to take care of the baby and kept saying it over and over again. I said I was taking care of Asher he didn't need to worry about him. But then I realized that he was talking about the baby that had been in my belly. I sat down next to him, rubbing his back, and he said, "Mommy, I can't do my homework until the baby is back in your belly." My heart stopped. I froze. God quickly gave me the words to say, "Boston, the baby is now in Heaven with Jesus and having a wonderful time. You don't need to worry about the baby. He or she is very happy. And someday there will probably be another baby in mommy's belly." But he quickly replied, "But that will be such a LONG time mommy." Poor guy. I knew yesterday that he was hurting but this was the first time he had vocalized it. We finally finished the homework and headed for school.


I got to go today to the studio where Jess was shooting the commerical. I saw the studio and then waited for her in the green room. Then we got to have lunch at Panera Bread and just have some great time together. I was thinking back today and realizing that we have been friends now for 12 years since we meet freshman year in college. Doesn't seem like it's been that long! I feel very blessed to have such a great friend in her and such a strong friendship that crosses all the many miles distance between us.


My friend Carrie called me this morning and I was telling her how I had been looking for something perfect to bury our baby in but hadn't found anything. She said she had saw something at Longs that she wanted to tell me about so she drove over there and called me to describe it to me. It sounded perfect and after she dropped it off today I realized just how perfect it is. Thank you so much Carrie for finding this for me. It couldn't have been more right



Boston told me today when I picked him up from school that he has so many friends and that 1 girl and 1 boy want him to come over to their house after school but he's not sure which one to pick. So funny!


Today Sean's work sent us these beautiful flowers. I just loved all the touches of pink and they smell amazing!

No comments: