Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tree of Thanksgiving


For the month of November I've been trying to get the boys into the "spirit" of Thanksgiving. So I came up with this idea of a "Tree of Thanksgiving." We cut fall leaves out of construction paper and I drew a tree on some white paper that I taped to our back door. Everyday they get to pick one (or more on many days) to put something they are thankful for on. Of course I end up writing it and I try and draw a little picture, since they can't read yet. Boston has really gotten into it. Dallas doesn't seem to care so much. Some things Boston is thankful for are hugs, family, friends at school, Daddy, Asher, grandparents, etc. Dallas on the other hand names Trains, candy, buzz lightyear and so on. Funny how the difference in age can really play a vital role in the way they answer a question. LOL Mommy is thankful for the kids naptime, cooler weather, ice cream, family and great neighbors. So on Thanksgiving I'll make a list of all the things everyone has been thankful for. It's been a really fun thing to do this year and I look forward to making this a tradition we do in our house every year!

No comments: