Friday, November 16, 2007

Boston's Trike-a-Thon

Today Boston had a Trike-a-Thon at school to benefit St Jude's Children's hospital. He had a great time getting to go to school during the morning hours (9-12noon instead of 1-4pm). And today the high is only in the 60's were as it was 85 yesterday! A nice nip in the air. Actually feels a little like winter! I of course was so sad that I couldn't stay and help out with the trike-a-thon. With Dallas and Asher it would have been very hard to be much help and it was just too cold too keep little Asher outside. And I wanted so badly to be there cheering him on and taking pictures to capture the moment. But his teacher assured me that I really wasn't going to miss anything and that most parents weren't even staying. I realized that I won't be able to be there for EVERY moment. And this is something that is hard for me to grasp. I don't want to miss a thing in any of their little lives, but I know that with 3 (or more in the future) that there will be times that their schedules will conflict and I won't be able to be in two places at one time. So this is just the beginning. I'm just going to have to come to grips with the fact that if I'm not at everything that it doesn't make me any less of a mommy. Because I was distraught about it I decided to take Dallas and Asher to Walmart, shopping always gets my mind off of things, even if it's just for groceries or a birthday present for the party tonight. Dallas had so much fun shopping with mommy all by himself (Asher slept the whole time.) We spent 1 1/2 hours roaming around Walmart. He got to touch and feel everything, it was like a field trip for him! And I felt good and by the time we picked up Boston, everyone had had a great day!

That night we went over to my friend Carrie's son's birthday party, Luke turned 4! We had a great time, the boys especially running in their backyard and playing with all Luke and Abby's toys. Thanks for inviting us to the party Carrie!

No comments: