Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Outnumbered

I don't usually feel outnumbered with 3 children, except for now. Dallas has a stomach bug with it coming out both ends and Asher's got a horrible runny nose. I feel like I'm being pulled in so many directions and its hard to give everyone the TLC they so desperatly need. But I'm doing my best, and I'm sure in their eyes its just enough. Between washing sheets, bedspreads, car seat and everything else Dallas has left a "mark" on, I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up mess, dosing out medicine, getting water, and scratching backs. Poor Dallas. I just hate to see him feel so horrible. And I REALLY hope that neither of the other kids get it. To be honest I don't even remember Dallas ever throwing up before. I'm sure he has, but I just don't remember. As I'm writing this, he's laying next to me watching "Little Bear". The boys are so extra loveable when they are sick. They aren't running around at full speed, but stop to rest and take some loving from mommy. All three boys got their flu shots this morning, something I had labored over then getting anyhow. Not sure if I wanted them to get it anyhow. But now I think Dallas is sick because of it and I feel even worse. But what do you do? When they scare you with children dying from the flu you feel the need to protect your kids. Boy, the decisions you have to make for you own kids are so much harder than for yourself!

No comments: