Sunday, August 26, 2007

Biblical Childrearing

I took this picture this morning before church. Aren't they the most handsome boys!





In my attempt to raise my children the way we feel they should be raised I have turned to God even more since they are getting older. I'm looking to scripture for answers on how to handle every situation and finding everything I need there. And then I tell the boys what God says and that I didn't make up the rules, He did, and we need to obey them. The other day Boston was whining about something so I told him that in Titus 2:12 it talks about "ungodliness" and "self-control". I them told him that whining is an ungodly form of communication and God wants him to use self control, even with his voice. Of course don't think I am the master and memorizing scripture, as much as I would like to be. I have this wonderful chart called "Wise Words for moms" by Ginger Plowman. It gives the child's behavior, heart probing questions to ask them, the reproof, encouragement and additional verses. It's wonderful! I highly recommend it. The boys (especially Boston because he's a little older) really listen when I explain what God says about something in the bible. His ears just perk right up and he wants to know what God has to say.

So I continue on my quest!

"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26

No comments: