Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa's coming to town!


Before bedtime Sean read the boys "The Night Before Christmas" and the Nativity Story. Then we looked online at one of the websites to see where Santa was and where he's already been. It was really fun. This year has been very fun since Boston is getting older, he understands the Christmas story so much better with each year. This year if you ask him what Christmas is about he will say "JESUS!!!" It's so cute. I love that we can celebrate Santa and yet still understand the true meaning of Christmas. After all, the original St Nick was a pastor himself that celebrated Christmas by giving gifts to children because God gave us the greatest gift of all. It was his way of celebrating Jesus' birth. And it also makes since to give gifts like the wise men brought to Jesus. And I love that our children understand this.
After the kids went to bed all of us (Sean and I, Wes, Suzanne, and my parents) played Jerk the Barber. A fun card game. My dad doesn't usually play but he was a trooper as this was fairly long game. It was a lot of fun and I especially loved that my dad played with us. I will always remember that. Nothing like playing cards with family. (I only wish I had a picture of our crazy crew)

No comments: