Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update from a too busy mama

Man with 4 kids it seems impossible to keep up with my blog lately. I need to spend some time catching up and connecting the dots on here. I've been engulfed in figuring out IEPs (Individual Education Plan) for Dallas next year and dealing with meeting after meeting and many evaluations for him. It's like a full time job. But hopefully in the end it will be all worth it.

The exciting news is that Boston got into Hope Charter School for next year and Dallas was number 7 on the waiting list. Although he will now move up since he has a sibling that got accepted. I couldn't be more excited about this school and it looks like it will be the MOST perfect fit for my kids.

Asher is getting ready to turn 3 and he's the most adorable and yet crazy child. He's definalty coming into his own and he's letting everyone else know it! With his 3rd birthday only days away he is counting down and looking forward to having an Umizoomi cake. now I just have to figure out how I'm going to make it!

Sydney is smiling, cooing and just plan BEAUTIFUL. She takes my breath away each and every day and I am truely in awe that God blessed me with a girl. I was really starting to believe it would never happen so each day I'm so thankful for my perfect family! She will be 3 months old in a few days and I can't believe how fast the time is going by. I'm charishing baby moments each and every day.

I have been working out everyday at the Y (even on the weekends) for about 3-4 weeks now. Definatly feeling the burn! I get 2 hours of childcare there everyday so I take advantage of that. I get a nice workout in and then shower and get dressed there. It's nice to be able to shower without everyone, including the dog, joining me in the bathroom. And I even get to workout with my girlfriend Rebecca which is a huge plus! Haven't lost any weight but the inches must be coming off because I can fit into some things I couldn't before.

I've been doing a lot of research on supplements and diets and we are going to start the Gluten Free/Casin Free diet as soon as school is out. We will probably go ahead and elimnate Dairy first and then slowly ease our way into Gluten. I started Dallas on a supplement called 5HTP and it's been hugly helpful for the last week that we have been taking it. I also started us all on a pharmacudical grade Omega supplement. Of course we are all on a great multivitamin/mineral supplement. I will be adding back in probiotics next week.

I have been working on healthier cooking and making everything homeade. Instead of buying waffles or cookies I make my own (the recipes are memorized now I'm making them so much). As daunting as it can seem to make things from scratch, the more I do them the easier they are. And I don't feel guilty feeding them to my kids because I know exactly what the ingrediants are in them. I saw a new show called The Food Nanny and I love her idea of having a theme night for each night of the week. I think I'm going to implement this into our routine. It would probably help Dallas too, since he really likes a schedule and routine. maybe then he'll be more likely to eat what we are eating.

Asher is showing many signs of Sensory problems and my girlfriend Jackie said it may be a yeast overgrowth so I'm going to attack that and see if we can fix it that way. Lord knows it would be crazy to have another kid with Sensory Processing Disorder in this house. Although I'm starting to feel like an expert when it comes to SPD. (well I guess that depends on the day you ask me....ha ha)

I think God is looking for me to lean into him more and more. I surely can't do any of this on my own. Most days I throw my hands up and ask God to show me how to parent because i'm feeling so lost. But he's been coming through and holding my head up high. I'm so blessed with each one of my children and they are shaping me to become the woman God made me to be. And I'm so thankful for my unconditional loving, patient husband. Without him I would give up for sure. We saw Train in concert last week and when he sang the song "Calling all Angels" it had a whole new meaning to me. You know how you can hear a song you have heard a thousand times but then after you have gone through a certain experence the song has a whole new meaning? Well that is how I feel about this song now. In it he sings, "I need a sign to let me know you're here." I say this to God daily. And then he says "I won't give up if you don't give up." This is how I feel about Sean and I. Thank goodness we never give up on the same days. One of us is always there to pull the other one up when we have given up. That's what makes having a great marriage partner and best friend a blessing. And it's in those moments that you see God there, holding you both up.

So I'm here blogging world. Although I feel like there are many brain cells missing. Hopefully I'll carve out a little time in each day to blog,....its the most amazing therapy for me!

No comments: