Monday, March 22, 2010

Sydney 5 weeks old

Sydney turned 5 weeks old on Thursday. Wow does time fly! She is already sleeping through the night too! Sunday night March 14 she slept 9 hours straight! Whew. And then the next night it was 7 hours. Then she had a rough night and then went back to sleeping 7-8 hours. It feels so good to have some good sleep. She also sleeps very well in the ships bed next to our bed at night. I put her in there when she is awake most nights and she just puts herself to sleep. Sometimes she wants the pacifier but not all the time. At around 5 or 6 when she wakes up to eat I always let her fall back asleep and stay sleeping on top of me. I LOVE THAT! That's something I will really really miss when she grows! I think it's probably my absolute favorite thing about babies!!!!
(Picture I took of Sean with Sydney's feet)
She also focusing on looking at people so much now. It's like a whole new world has opened up to her. She still sleeps most of the day away, with her favorite wake time being around 7-10. This is very nice because the boys are in bed and I can give her my undivided attention.
She eats great! Growing fast. Now I usually only nurse her on one side and it only takes about 10 minutes. She likes this and it makes things very easy. At first 2 week pain (which with her lasted 3 weeks) is gone. That makes nursing time much more enjoyable and not so excruciating! And I learned something this time around that I would love to pass on. I got mastisis so bad with Asher...3 times! It was awful. But I didn't know why I got it with him and none of the others. Then I was reading about it a few weeks ago and found out that if your baby is tongue tied then you have a higher chance of getting it. Well Asher was tongue tied and when we finally realized it the doctor clipped his tongue right in the office and it was as easy as that. Just thought I would pass that along...
She has great control of her head and holds it up very well. When she is laying on top of me she tries really hard to push herself up with her hands. She's starting to like the bath a little more, before it was constant screaming. Still a poop master! The boys always peed on me, she poops on me at least once a day! And her burps and gas are far louder than the boys ever were! Ha ha. Doesn't spit up nearly as much as the boys did, which is really nice. That smell is so strong and whew....yuck!
She already grown out of her newborn and 0-3 month clothes and well into her 3-6 month clothes. She's out of newborn diapers and 1 and gone to the Pampers 1-2 swaddlers.
I'm really looking forward to her smiling at us! But I sure am not wishing away any of these days. I'm cherishing each day with my baby girl because this will most likely be my last baby in the house.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you are back...I know things must be hectic with all 4 kids and everything else but you are right to cherish every minute. I LOVE the picture you put on your blog header...so precious!

Not too shabby said...

I'm so glad you posted your blog on FB. I'm looking forward to reading through it when the kids rest! Hope you're doing well! xo, Shannon