Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Terrible Two's


(Above is my attempt at getting a picture with all 3 boys. Boston's making a silly face and Dallas pitched a fit)


Having a 2 year old in your house is like living with Jeckel and Hyde. One moment they are the sweetest thing since sliced bread and the next they are lying on the floor, screaming and crying because you offered them their favorite cookie – go figure – I sure haven’t yet! I just don’t understand what goes on in their little minds. It is a definite testing of my patience that is for sure. I remember when I was going through the two’s with Boston (and three’s – yes it does go on through the three’s) and my great friend Jess said that when her daughter reached 4 it was like a magical thing happened. They all of a sudden want to be good all the time (or for the most part that is.) And that’s exactly what happened with Boston. But now….being my second….with a baby….its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know God must be thinking this is a good time for me to learn some more patience in my life. And for those that know me oh so well, you know this never was my strongest quality. So maybe after all the toddler years I will end up being a better person.

No comments: