Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Having 3 kids


Everyone asks me. So what is it like having 3 little boys. Was it harder going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3? My initial response would have to be that going from 1 to 2 was harder. Boston was only 20 months old and needed me a lot more. Now with Boston 4 and Dallas 2 they entertain and help each other so much. And I've kind of trained them to do a lot of things themselves now. Don't get me wrong, it is a handful with all three but nothing unmanageable. I would say that hardest part right now is the fact that Dallas is in his two's stage of training and disciplne. But this would be happening whether there was a baby in the house or not. Asher is such a blessing. He is the happiest baby and sleeps all the time. He's so easy going. The fact that he sleep 12 hours straight a night makes a big difference as well. I think if I was still sleep deprived my answer might be a little different! LOL And I've worked very hard to make the transition of having a new baby in the house easy for the big boys. And so far there hasn't been one instance of jealousy with the big boys. All they do is love and kiss over Asher, want to show him off to everyone and they are so proud that he's their little brother. When he starts crying they run right over to sing him a lullaby or call me to tell me he needs my help. They are quick to suggest what the problem is as well: he needs to be feed, diaper change, etc. And diaper changes are a point of excitment in the house. Everyone likes to come help out and shoot the diaper into the diaper pail like a basketball. It's a bunch of fun! Well Asher is calling to be fed and the boys have made a new game of rolling all their toys under the train table...what a mess. Until next time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cricket,

That is really cool how the boys help out with Asher, and even tell you when he needs help, that is pretty awesome...

Chad