Monday, April 5, 2010

This Monday brought a whole new meaning to Monday

So I awoke to an even worse sore throat and still running a 102 temp. At this point I thought that I might possibly have strep, especially since my throat had white spots on it. I thought I would go get swabbed for a test after Dallas was out of school and I was done schooling Boston. But then after lunch I realized that Asher's ear was looking really red and swollen. And when I say swollen, it was actually huge and sticking out from his ear.






I called the doctor and they said bring him in. So much for my dr check up since we have a neurologist appt for Dallas at 3:30. Sure enough the dr said she had never seen one so swollen so we needed to put him on antibiotics. He must have gotten bite by something bad.

While we were there I had her swab Boston for strep throat since he had been complaining of a sore throat for a few days. Sure enough he tested positive, confirming the fact that I most likely had it. I called my dr and they called me in antibiotics. So with three prescriptions for antibiotics we headed to the neurologist appt. After a total of about 3 hours in waiting rooms with 4 kids and a 102 temp I was ready for something stronger than antibiotics at this point. We headed for Publix for the drugs where the madness continued with an hour wait and crazy kids.

FINALLY we made it home and started the drugs....thank goodness for drugs at this point....and a new day tomorrow.

No comments: